‘Tis the season for family, festivity, and food - lots of food. Temptations are everywhere, and parties and travel disrupt daily routines.
How do you stick to your healthy habits when everyone around you seems to be splurging? The short answer: holiday-proof your plan!
How to Holiday-Proof Your Plan
1. Make sure you're getting nutritionYou don't have to skip out on the meals you love, but adding a scoop of Greens Blend each morning can ensure that you're getting proper nutrients in your diet each day. Just add this nutrient-dense blend of greens, fruits and veggies to water, a smoothie, or your favorite recipes.
2. Outsmart the buffetMake healthier choices easier. Snack on vegetables to take the edge off your appetite, start off with just a small serving of your favorites, and eat slowly (it takes at least 20 minutes for your brain to realize you’re full).
3. Bake with usSwitch out flour with Plant Protein. It's a tasty and delicious way to add extra protein and nutrition to your recipes. Each scoop has 20g of protein, 7 nutritious greens + 2 cups of fruits and veggies.
4. Bring a healthy dishInvited to a party? Offer to bring a healthy dish along. That way you are more inclined to eat more of the good stuff.
5. Pay attention to what really mattersAlthough food is an integral part of the holidays, put the focus on family and friends, laughter and cheer. If balance and moderation are your usual guides, it’s okay to indulge once in a while.