Corrine Malcolm - National Biathlon Team Member
After spending much of my young life on a tropical island it seemed unlikely I would ever fall in love with winter, much less a winter sport, but after my family moved to Northern Wisconsin... there was no turning back. I'm a runner, turned cross country skier, turned biathlete... but more than anything I'm an outdoor enthusiast!
Skiing did not come easily to me, but with a lot of coaxing from friends and a couple of great coaches I fell in love with it. After a short stint at Montana State University, where I competed on both their cross country running and skiing teams, I moved back to the east to the allure of biathlon. A sport that combines the aerobic demands of cross country skiing and the focus of rifle marksmanship, I was hooked.
I'm going into the third season of biathlon and my second season on the Senior National Team! Despite being the youngest member of the team I have my eyes set on the future. On the road to Sochi 2014!
"So much can be said for an athletes training, their “physical preparation”, and how it effects their performance. I find athletes often overlook rest, recovery, and nutrition. So much can be said for training, but you'll never reach your performance potential if you don't nail the other pieces".
- North American Women's Pursuit Champion
- 3rdUS National Women's Sprint
- 3rdUS National Women's Pursuit
- 3rdUS National Women's Mass Start
- US IBU Cup Team Member
- US Junior World Championships Team Member
- US U26/European Championships Team Member
- 6thSprint US Nationals Junior Sprint Champion
- US Nationals Junior Pursuit Champion
- US Nationals Junior Mass Start Champion