Amber Neben - Professional Cyclist
Amber's Bio: Amber Neben was born and raised in Orange, California and currently resides in Irvine. After playing soccer and running in high school, Amber attended the University of Nebraska, Lincoln on a Track and Cross Country scholarship. Multiple stress fractures cut her running career short, however while in graduate school at UC Irvine, Amber started mountain bike racing. Although she made a quick rise to the pro ranks on the mountain bike, it was a guest ride with the Earthlink team at the HP Women’s Challenge, a large international road stage race, where a stage win launched her road cycling career. From 2002 – 2004, Amber raced with the USA National team full time. In 2005, Amber made the jump to the professional international and European based trade team, Flexpoint. She is currently racing with this same team, and only spends time racing with the USA National team when her trade team is not calling on her services. FYI, Amber is the only American on her Dutch based Flexpoint team. “I pay very close attention to my diet. I use Amazing Grass Wheat Grass and Green Superfood on a daily basis. They help me maintain a healthy immune system and a quick recovery".
- Member of the 2008 U.S. Olympic Cycling Team
- 6x USA World Championship Team Member
- 2x winner of the Tour de l’Aude, Women’s Tour de France
- 2003 Elite National Champion
- 2006 Pan Am Championship Time Trial Champion
- 2007 4th World Championships Time Trial
- 2007 9th ranked rider in the world
- Multiple major international stage race wins.
Read more about Amber at www.amberneben.com