7 Layer Dip
Makes: Serves 16
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted, and diced
- 2 Tbsp. Wheat Grass powder
- 2 teaspoons lime juice, fresh or bottled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- Garlic powder or garlic
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces Greek plain fat free yogurt
- 1-ounce packet taco seasoning mix
- 15-ounce can fat-free refried beans
- 1 cup diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped scallions
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese blend (i.e. Jack and cheddar)
- 2 1/4-ounce can sliced black olives (optional)
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all ingredients for guacamole; mash well and set aside.
- In small bowl, blend yogurt with taco seasoning.
- Spread the refried beans in the bottom of a deep-dish pie plate.
- Top the beans with the yogurt mixture, then top that with the guacamole.
- Spread the tomatoes on top, then sprinkle the green onions over the top, followed by the shredded cheese and black olives.
- Serve with whole grain tortilla chips or crudités.