Lima Bean Hummus
The high level of soluble fiber in lima beans helps absorb water in the stomach to form a gel that decreases the metabolism rate of the bean's carbohydrates, preventing blood sugar levels from rapidly spiking after a meal.
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup lima beans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon Wheat Grass powder
- 1 tsp. warm water
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor
- Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to serving dish. Serve with veggies or crackers.
Recipe developed by Amie Valpone from The Healthy Apple.