No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Granola Bars
Makes: 9x9 pan
- 1/4 C. organic unsalted butter
- 1/4 C. organic maple sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 C. organic honey or brown rice syrup
- 1/4 C. organic creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. organic vanilla extract
- 2 C. certified gluten free organic oats
- 1/2 C. organic brown puffed rice
- 3/4 C. coarsely chopped gluten-free pretzels (such as Glutino)
- 1/2 package of Enjoy Life mini-chocolate chips (soy, diary and nut free)
- 1 scoop (8gm) Chocolate Green SuperFood
- Combine all of the dry ingredients, except for the chocolate chips and the Chocolate Green SuperFoods, in a bowl
- Over low heat, melt the first four ingredients.
- When they begin to bubble gently, add vanilla, stir, and remove from heat
- Allow to cool slightly
- Stir in dry ingredients
- Empty mixture into a 9x9 square glass pan and smooth it out evenly, set aside to cool
- Melt chocolate chips in double boiler or in a glass/metal bowl set over a sauce pan of boiling water.
- Heat just until all chips are melted, stirring constantly, then remove from heat
- Sprinkle packet of chocolate Green SuperFoods over the cooled mixture in pan
- Pour melted chocolate over the mixture, and spread gently to even it out
- Put bars in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to cool completely. You can also blast them in the freezer if you've got people begging you to start dishing them out!