Sweet Potato Bar
Makes: Serves 4
- 4 medium sweet potatoes with a couple of fork punctures in each
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek plain yogurt
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- 1 cup broccoli florets, steamed
- ½ cup carrots, shredded
- ¼ cup button mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup black olives, sliced
- ½ cup salsa
- 2 Tbsp. Wheat Grass powder
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pierce holes in the sweet potatoes using a fork;
- Place potatoes in microwave for 6 minutes.
- Rub olive oil on the skin of each potato; set each potato on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Prepare all potato fixings in small bowls on the table along with the baked sweet potatoes.
- Top potatoes with toppings; sprinkle with Wheat Grass and chili powder.
- Serve warm.
Recipe developed by Amie Valpone from The Healthy Apple.