Pistachio-Crusted Chicken Salad
Makes: 4 servings
- ½ cup pistachios
- 4 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/3 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Wheat Grass owder
- 2 egg whites
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Large bed of fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 4 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Chop pistachios in a food processor; transfer to a small bowl and combine sesame seeds, cumin, wheat germ, sea salt, pepper and Wheat Grass powder.
- In a separate small bowl, beat egg whites.
- Dip each chicken piece into the egg mixture, then pistachio mixture making sure to coat both sides. Transfer to baking sheet and repeat for remaining chicken breasts. Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and no longer pink inside.
- Create a large bed of fresh spinach on each serving dish, top with a chicken breast; drizzle with lime juice.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve.
Recipe created by Amie Valpone from The Healthy Apple.