Strawberry Pistachio Chicken Salad
Makes: 4 servings
- ½ cup pistachios, ground
- 4 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 2 tsp. coriander
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ cup Amazing Trio
- 1/3 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp. wheat germ
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Large bed of fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine pistachios, sesame seeds, coriander, curry powder, chili powder, Amazing Trio, flax seeds and cumin.
- In a separate small bowl, beat egg whites.
- Dip each chicken piece into the egg white mixture, then wheat germ then pistachio mixture, ensuring to coat both sides.
- Transfer to baking sheet and repeat for each breast of chicken.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and no longer pink inside. Slice chicken into ¼ inch pieces.
- In a serving bowl, toss fresh spinach with cooked chicken and strawberries. Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper and fresh basil.
- Serve at room temperature.