Blackened Tofu with Pumpkin Sauce
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp. curry powder
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- ½ cup Amazing Grass Wheat Grass
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 cups canned diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 pound extra firm tofu
- 3 cups cooked long stem brown rice
- Coat a large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray, sauté peppers, onions and garlic over medium heat until soft, about 2 minutes. Add herbs and spices and sauté additional 2 to 3 minutes, or until mixture becomes aromatic. Add Amazing Grass Wheat Grass, pumpkin and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add Worcestershire sauce and coconut milk; continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
- Slice tofu into 8 slices. Coat each slice with 1/2 teaspoon chili powder. Place olive oil in a large sauté pan and sear tofu over medium heat until golden brown on each side.
- Serve 2 slices of cooked tofu with 1/2 cup brown rice and 1/2 cup pumpkin sauce.