Healthy, Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins made with Wheat Grass
I modified the ingredients directly from the Namaste Food Muffin Mix packaging to make slightly healthier muffins for both my picky 4-year-old and myself. My 2 and 9-year-old also loved the finished product.
The wheat grass gave the muffins a green tint (which my kids loved) and the applesauce replaced the oil ingredient. The blueberries just added a strong flavor to hide any hint of wheatgrass. Plus, my boys love blueberries! You'll find more recipes on my website, http://www.mommylovescoffee.com/.
- 16 ounces of gluten-free muffin mix (I used Namaste Foods)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons Amazing Grass Wheat Grass powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix eggs, water, applesauce and flax together.
- Blend in muffin mix, stir until smooth.
- Mix in Amazing Grass Wheatgrass powder.
- Carefully stir in blueberries.
- Line muffin pan with paper liners (or spray with non-stick oil).
- Spoon mixture into liners.
- Sprinkle sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly brown on top.
*You can cut the amount of applesauce and add a small amount of oil to reduce the gooey inside texture that the applesauce can create.