Gluten-Free Pecan and Date Stuffed Pumpkin
Makes: 1 pumpkin
- 1 pumpkin, approximately 3 lbs, perhaps a small sugar
- Sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 loaf gluten-free bread, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup pecans, very finely chopped
- 6 large dates, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp. all-spice
- 1 Tbsp. Amazing Meal Chocolate Infusion
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 cup Greek plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. black sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Hollow the pumpkin by cutting a cap on the top, removing the insides and setting aside. Season with sea salt and pepper, place onto the baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine bread, yeast, pecans, dates, garlic, onion, basil, all-spice, Amazing Meal and chili powder; mix well to combine. Transfer mixture into the pumpkin.
- Place pumpkin into the oven for 2 hours or until insides are bubbling and pumpkin is tender.
- Remove from oven, set aside to cool for 3-5 minutes.
- In a separate smaller bowl, combine Greek yogurt with sea salt and pepper.
- To serve, portion pumpkin mixture and pumpkin flesh onto plates. Top with a dollop of the Greek yogurt and a sprinkle of black sesame seeds.