Homemade Creamy Chile con Queso
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1 tsp. Amazing Grass Original Meal
- 1 3/4 cups warm water
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
1. Combine almond milk and vinegar in a small bowl; set aside for 5-10 minutes until mixture thickens. Add cornstarch; mix well to combine.
2. In a food processor, grind cashews. Remove from food processor and add to a medium sized pot over medium heat.
3. Add Amazing Grass, water, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, turmeric and almond milk mixture. Mix well; add salsa, red bell pepper, cilantro, sea salt and pepper.
4. Serve warm, at room temperature with corn tortilla chips, crudités, atop burritos, tacos and salads.