Sweet Potato Waffles by Melissa Haithcock
Sunday is a day to spoil all the Moms out there! These Sweet Potato Waffles by Melissa Haithcock are simple but impressive, perfect for a Mother's Day Brunch. You can find this and other great recipes on her new website A Happy Healthy Heart.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup egg whites
- 4 oz sweet potato
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp baking sofa
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon Amazing Grass Green Superfood
1. Cook the sweet potato until soft (can be done in the microwave or oven).
2. Combine softened sweet potato (no skin), eggs, egg whites, and almond milk in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Add the dry ingredients and blend for about 20-30 seconds.
4. Pour mixture into a preheated waffle iron and cook according to iron instructions. I like to put my waffle iron on a pretty high setting in order to get a crispy crust